Hannah Flynn CV
Blog: www.hannahflynn.wordpress.com Twitter: hannahbflynn
Pennwell Publishing – Production editor
I produce Pennwell Publishing’s power portfolio which includes: Renewable Energy World, Power Engineering International, Middle East Energy, Waste Management World and Cogeneration and On-Site Power Production.
I am responsible for news writing, sub-editing and proof reading, running websites and ensuring the production process runs smoothly. I am a pivotal member of the team, enabling the effective communication between design, editorial and the rest of the production team.
- Feature for Living Woods Magazine April 2009 on a tree planting group based in the Pennines.
- A feature questioning the minimum age for cervical screening in England for Scarlet Magazine December 2008.
- A Freedom of Information Act Request to The Times on cuts in teaching hours at Manchester University.
My blog, Women’s Health Base has recently been featured on the 15andcounting.com website; the website for a World Health Organisation campaign.
Cardiff Journalism School
Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism – June 2009
- Magazine production: including news writing, feature writing, SEO writing
- Shorthand: 90 wpm
- Online journalism: introduction to web 2.0 and publication tie-ins.
- Law for journalists: looking at copyright and privacy law, as well as court reporting alongside other subjects.
The University of Manchester
Biology BSc (Hons) 2.1 (Graduated June 2008)
Peter Symonds College, Winchester
English Literature A, Biology B, Chemistry B, Physics (AS) C, General Studies A (Received August 2005)
La Sainte Union Catholic Secondary School, Highgate
9 GCSEs A*-A (Received August 2003)